Four lights flash red on your original Xbox 360 console
Four lights around the power button flash red on your original Xbox 360 console. Four flashing lights mean the console doesn’t detect an audio/video (A/V) cable.
Solution 1: Disconnect and reconnect the A/V cable
There might be a problem with your A/V cable. The A/V cable connects the console to your television.
Disconnect and reconnect the A/V cable
- Turn off your console and television.
- Disconnect the cable from the A/V port on the back of your console.
- Unplug the A/V connectors from your television.
- Reconnect the A/V cable to the A/V port on your console.
- Plug the A/V connectors back into your television. The A/V connectors match the colours of the component video, the composite video and audio ports on your television.
- Turn on your television and console.
If four lights still flash red, try the next solution.
Solution 2: Try a different A/V cable
Try using a different A/V cable to connect your console to your television. Using a different A/V cable is the best way to figure out whether there is a problem with the cable or with your console.
Here are a couple ways you can obtain a second A/V cable:
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
We're sorry this article didn't solve your problem. We won't give up and neither should you. Try this community option, below.