How to link an existing Skype account with a Microsoft account on Xbox One
If you're an existing Skype customer, you may need to link your Skype account with your Microsoft account to use the Skype app on your Xbox One console.
To use the Skype app on your Xbox One console, you need a Skype account. To link an existing Skype account with your Microsoft account, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Xbox One console using your Microsoft account.
- Scroll down to "My Stuff" and select My games & apps.
- Select Sign in, and then sign in to your existing Skype account.
- You'll then be prompted “Looks like you’re already using Skype”. Select Yes.
- The process may take a few minutes to complete. When it's finished, you’ll get the message “All done! Your Microsoft and Skype accounts have successfully been linked”.
- Select Ok.
Your Skype and Microsoft accounts are now linked.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
We're sorry this article didn't solve your problem. We won't give up and neither should you. Try this community option, below.