Finding the best location for your Xbox 360 console
Place your console in a well-ventilated, uncluttered area away from other electronic devices. The console is designed to shut down if it does not have sufficient air circulation.
Before you move the console, be sure to turn it off.
Tips for positioning your Xbox 360 console
- Put the console in an open area with lots of ventilation. Do not put the console in an enclosed space.
- Do not stack other electronic devices on top of, underneath, or against the sides of your console.
- Make sure the console and its power supply are on a hard, steady surface. Do not put the console on anything soft (such as a bed, sofa, or rug).
- Position the console away from heat sources, such as ventilation openings on televisions and electronic devices. Also, keep the console away from heating vents and direct sunlight.
- Position the console away from high-vibrating sources, such as low frequency speakers, subwoofers, etc.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments and suggestion about this article. Your feedback is important for us to improve our service.
Chat with an Ambassador
Connect to other Xbox customers like you who know their stuff and want to help.
Get in touch with an Xbox Support technician. We are ready and willing to help you!