Sign up for a Skype account on Xbox One
To make and receive Skype calls through your Xbox One console, you must first sign up for a Skype account. Here’s how:
- Sign in to your Xbox One console using your Microsoft account.
- On the Home screen, pull the right trigger and then select the Skype app.
- Once your new account is created, select Ok.
- You can choose to turn notifications on by selecting Allow Skype to send you notifications.
- You will now be able to make and receive voice and video calls using Skype. Select Get started to start using your new Skype account.
Note If you’re having trouble creating an account from the Skype app on Xbox, try creating an account on Skype.com with your Microsoft account, and then relaunch the app.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
We're sorry this article didn't solve your problem. We won't give up and neither should you. Try this community option, below.