To use NHL GameCenter on your console, you need:
- An Xbox LIVE Gold Membership.
- At least 60 megabytes (MB) of available storage space.
- An NHL GameCenter Live subscription is needed to access live and on-demand games (sold separately). Blackout restrictions may apply in some markets. See Xbox LIVE home and NHL GameCenter Live for more information.
Download the NHL GameCenter app
- On your console, sign in with your Xbox LIVE gamertag. (Xbox LIVE Gold Membership is required.)
- Go to Apps and select Browse Apps.
- Browse for NHL GameCenter.
- Select NHL GameCenter to download and install the app. After the download, the app automatically starts, and you can browse to see available content.
To start the app later, go to TV & Movies, My Video Apps, and then NHL GameCenter. Or, take advantage of the new Sports hub, which is the second tile down on the right side of Xbox Home.
To start the NHL GameCenter app, go to TV & Movies, My Video Apps, and then NHL GameCenter.
- When you first start the NHL GameCenter app, you are prompted to select whether you want to start the app with the scores on or off. (This helps avoid spoiling the excitement for games you’ve not watched.)
- The first time you enter, you will be prompted to Choose Favorite Team. This setting lets you personalize the app.
- The featured game appears in the large tile in the upper-left corner.
- Select Season Central to access:
- The games of the day
- Stats and Standings to see league leaders, player stats, and conference standings
- Game Calendar to check who’s playing whom in the coming days and months
- NHL VIDEOCENTER to watch video snips from around the league
- On the Settings screen, you can:
- Select or change the teams you want to follow
- Sign in or out of your NHL GameCenter Live account
- Set whether or not you want to see scores prior to the start of a game
- Set whether you want the ticker on the screen
- Access Help and Options to change controller or Kinect settings
- NHL Vault lets you watch generations of hockey classics. You can:
- Watch This Week in History
- Watch great hockey rivalries
- Watch playoff classics, historic overtime victories, and past Stanley Cups
- Read about the original six NHL teams
- Browse by team or decade
- Check the Conference Standings to see how the year is breaking down for your team and the league.
- To unlock the content and begin watching, you must sign-in by using your NHL GameCenter Live account credentials.
- Select something to watch, and then select Play.
Sign in to your NHL GameCenter account
To sign in to your NHL GameCenter account, follow these steps:
- When you start the NHL GameCenter app, you’ll see an NHL GAMECENTER LIVE logo tile in the upper-right corner of the screen. If you haven’t set up an NHL GameCenter Live account, visit NHL GameCenter Live to sign up and purchase an NHL GameCenter Live subscription.
- If you’ve already created an account and purchased a subscription, enter your user name and password and select SIGN IN.
Account support: All issues pertaining to your NHL GameCenter Live account are handled by NHL GameCenter Support. At their website, you can request support by email or chat, or you can use one of the following telephone numbers to call for support:
- North America: (866) 210-6349
- International: (407) 708-1356
Manage your NHL GameCenter account
If you ever want to un-associate your NHL GameCenter Live account from your gamertag and console, follow these steps:
- Select the Season Central tile on the home hub of the NHL GameCenter app.
- Select the Settings tile in the lower-right corner.
- Select NHL GAMECENTER LIVE ACCOUNT SETTINGS in the lower-left corner.
Family Settings information
Xbox Family Settings do not apply to the NHL GameCenter app because sports broadcasts are not rated.
For more information about how to restrict Xbox LIVE content using Family Settings, see Xbox 360 console parental controls.