To use the Redbox Instant by Verizon app, you need the following:
- An Xbox LIVE Gold Membership
- At least 80 megabytes (MB) of available space
- A Redbox Instant account (sign up)
Download the Redbox Instant by Verizon app
- On your console, sign in with your Xbox LIVE gamertag. (Xbox LIVE Gold Membership is required.)
- Go to apps and select Browse Apps.
- Browse for Redbox Instant by Verizon.
- Select Redbox Instant by Verizon to download and install the app. After the download, the app automatically starts, and you can browse through the catalog and view details about the available content.
To start the Redbox Instant by Verizon app later, go to tv & movies, My Video Apps, and then Redbox Instant by Verizon.
Watch Redbox Instant by Verizon
- Go to tv & movies, My Video Apps, and then Redbox Instant by Verizon.
- From the Home hub, you can:
- Select the Browse Subscription tile to identify all the content you can stream as part of your paid subscription to Redbox Instant.
- Select Browse Rent/Buy to view all Redbox Instant by Verizon digital content that you can rent or buy. (All rentals and purchases will be charged to the credit card that’s associated with your Redbox Instant account. For transactional support or to change credit card information, see Redbox support.)
- Select Browse At Kiosk to see what titles are available for DVD/Blu-ray checkout from a Redbox Kiosk. These titles can be reserved by using the app, but you must pick the disc up for viewing.
- The Movies hub lets you review all content offered by Redbox. Select an item to see the options available for that tile:
- Watch now: Stream content available through your subscription.
- Instant options: Rent or purchase streaming options.
- Bookmark: Tag a movie for later viewing.
- At Kiosk: This title is available for disc pickup at a Redbox Kiosk.
- Rate: Review titles and give star-rating feedback to the Redbox community.
- Preview: Watch a short clip to see if the movie sparks your interest.
- At the My Redbox hub, view your reminders, locate the titles you’ve bookmarked, rewatch or pick up where you left off on a recently watched movie from the Watch History tile, or review your purchase history on the Purchase tile.
- Use the Locations hub to find Redbox Kiosks nearby, check the content available, and reserve discs.
- Use the Account hub to:
- Review your subscription details through the My Service tile.
- Use the Preferences tile to require a password for purchases by selecting Turn Restrictions On.
- Access the Logout tile.
- Select something to watch to begin playback.
Associate your console to your Redbox Instant by Verizon account
- Start the Redbox Instant by Verizon app.
- Scroll right to the Account hub.
- Select Sign In in the lower-right corner.
- Enter the email address and password associated with your Redbox Instant account. (Or, go to Redbox Instant by Verizon signup to create an account.)
- Select Sign In. Once you’ve signed in, you will not be prompted again, unless you sign out from within the Redbox Instant by Verizon app on your console.
Un-associate your console from your Redbox Instant by Verizon account
To un-associate your gamertag from your Redbox Instant by Verizon account, follow these steps:
- From the Account hub in the Redbox Instant by Verizon app, select Logout.
- On the Sign Out screen, select Sign Out.
Manage your Redbox Instant by Verizon account
For transaction and account support, visit Redbox Instant by Verizon support.
Use Family Settings to control access to content
If you use Family Settings to control what Xbox LIVE programming can be accessed through your Xbox 360 console, the Redbox Instant by Verizon app will follow the settings you've established. For example, if you prohibit TV-MA-rated TV shows from being watched through your console, those programs will be marked with a "restricted video" icon in the Redbox Instant by Verizon app. To play a locked item, an adult must enter the Family Settings pass code.
For more information about how to restrict Xbox LIVE content using Family Settings, see Xbox 360 console parental controls.