If the WSJ Live app doesn’t respond, delete and reinstall it. Here’s how:
- From the Xbox Dashboard, go to Settings and then System.
- Select Storage.
- Select your primary storage device (most likely Xbox 360 Hard Drive).
- Select Games and Apps.
- Find and select any items that refer to WSJ Live.
- Select Delete.
- Return to the Xbox Dashboard.
- Go to Browse Apps, and then select WSJ Live.
- Select Confirm Download to download and install the app.
You may receive the following error messages when you try to use the WSJ Live app.
- Item Unavailable
If you receive this message, it may mean that the content you are looking for is currently unavailable.
Search within the WSJ Live app for other content.
- Can’t connect to the WSJ Live Service. Error code: 0C01/8009/0304
- WSJ Live Server Unavailable
- WSJ Live Server Unavailable. Sorry, the WSJ Live server isn't available right now. Please select the retry button below or try again later
If you receive one of these error messages, go to Service Status to ensure that there’s not an issue with Xbox LIVE or with the WSJ app.
If there’s no issue and you receive one of these error messages when you try to start the WSJ Live app, wait approximately one minute and then try starting the app again.
If, after restarting the app, you receive one of these error messages, try deleting and reinstalling the app.
If after trying these solutions you receive one of these error messages, contact Xbox Support.
- Can't install the optional media update
If you receive this message, restart the app and try again.
If the problem persists, use the Xbox Dashboard to search for and download the Optional Media Update.
If this doesn’t resolve the problem, contact Xbox Support.