Error 8012271F occurs when you try to make a purchase through Xbox Live on Xbox 360
You see the following error code when you try to make a purchase through Xbox Live on Xbox 360:
This may mean that the billing address for a payment option associated with your Microsoft account is incorrect.
To resolve this problem, make sure that the correct billing address is listed in your Microsoft account for the payment option you are trying to use:
- Sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Tap or click payment & billing, and then tap or click Payment options.
- Tap or click the payment option you tried to use to make the purchase.
- For credit cards, debit cards, and direct debit, do the following:
For PayPal, do the following:
- Tap or click Edit and adjust the billing address as needed.
- Tap or click Next when finished.
- If the email address is incorrect for your PayPal account, tap or click Remove.
- Tap or click Change payment option.
- Select Credit card or PayPal.
- Follow the prompts to set up your credit card, debit card, or PayPal account as a new payment option.
Note Enter debit cards as you would a credit card (not available in all locales).
You should now be able to complete your transaction.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
We're sorry this article didn't solve your problem. We won't give up and neither should you. Try this community option, below.