How to change or update Xbox Live billing account information
You can change the name, address, phone number, or email address associated with your Xbox Live billing account.
- If you’re moving to a different country/region, you’ll need to perform some extra steps when you update your Xbox Live account. For more information, see Change the region of your Xbox Live account.
- If you want to change your payment options and use a different payment instrument for your account, see Change an Xbox Live payment option.
- If you have billing questions about your account, click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page, and then click Billing and Memberships.
- To find your Microsoft account and associated information, such as your phone number and email address, see Find your Microsoft account.
Computer steps: Change your account name, address, phone number, or email address
- Go to the Microsoft account billing page and sign in with your Microsoft account credentials (email address and password).
Note If you don’t know your Microsoft account credentials, go to Find your Microsoft account email address or password.
- Tap or click Billing info. Due to the sensitive nature of your billing information, you may be asked to allow us to send you a security code to verify it’s really you making the change.
- Enter the security code that you received, and then click Next.
- On the “Manage your billing profile” screen, make the changes you need and click Save.
Your billing information is now up to date.
Xbox 360 console steps: Change your account address, email address, or phone number
- On your console, sign in using your Xbox Live gamertag.
- Go to Settings, and then select Account.
- Scroll right to Account Management, and then select Billing Information.
- Enter your Microsoft account password, and then select Sign In.
- Edit your billing account information and then select Done.
Xbox One console steps: Change your account address, email address, or phone number
- On your controller, press the Menu button.
- Select Settings.
- Select Payment & billing.
- Go to Change billing address.
- Edit your billing account information. If you don’t want to change any piece of information, press B on your controller and then select Next.
- Click Save info when you’ve made all the changes you want to make. If you need to change something else, select Make more changes.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
We're sorry this article didn't solve your problem. We won't give up and neither should you. Try this community option, below.