AOL On app on Xbox 360 help
Xbox Live connection problems
Xbox 360 audio/video problems
The AOL On app doesn’t respond
If the AOL On app doesn't respond, delete and reinstall it. Here's how:
- From the Xbox Dashboard, go to settings and then System.
- Select Storage.
- Select your primary storage device.
- Select Games and Apps.
- Find and highlight the AOL On app. Press the Y button to access Game Options.
- Select Delete, and then confirm that you want to delete all items related to the app.
- Go back to the Dashboard.
- Go to apps and then to Browse Apps or Search Apps.
- Browse or search for the AOL On app and then select it.
- Select Download and then Confirm Purchase to download and install the app.
If the app still doesn't respond, contact Xbox Support.
You may get one of the following error messages when you use the AOL On app.
- Application data could not be opened. New application data has been created.
- The file containing profile data for [gamertag] could not be opened. A new file has been created.
- Sorry, our service isn't available right now. Please try again later. For more information, go to www.xbox.com/status.
- Sorry, AOL On isn't available right now or your internet connection speed has become too slow to continue. Please try again later. For more information, go to www.xbox.com/status
To resolve these connectivity errors, try the following steps:
- Go to Service status to check for current issues with Xbox Live or the AOL On app.
- If there are no issues and you get the error message again when you try to start the AOL On app, wait for about a minute and then try to start the app again.
- If you continue to get the error, delete and reinstall the AOL On app.
- If none of these solutions resolved your problem, contact Xbox Support.
- We're sorry. No items could be found.
- Sorry, the item is no longer available. You can either close AOL On or return to the Xbox dashboard or you can continue on to the AOL On home page.
To resolve these availability errors, try the following solutions:
- Wait a few minutes and try watching the content again.
- If you get the same error again, select different content to watch.
To notify AOL On of this error, send email to Hdfirstname.lastname@example.org (monitored Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM Eastern Time).
- The privacy and content settings for <account> will not allow access to Experience AOL On.
You will see get this error message if you’ve blocked Network Sharing, Profile Sharing, or both.
To resolve the error, follow these steps to unblock Social Network Sharing and Profile Sharing:
If you have Privacy & Online Settings applied and Social Network Sharing and or Profile Sharing blocked, you can turn off your content controls if you wish to use this feature
- Access your privacy settings.
- From Xbox Home, go to Settings and select Privacy.
- On the Privacy & Online Settings screen, select Change Settings.
- On the next screen, select Customize.
- Check and update your Profile Sharing settings.
- On the Custom Privacy & Online Settings screen, use the left stick to navigate to Profile Sharing. The right side of the screen will show you what your current setting is.
- If your current setting is Blocked, select Profile Sharing.
- On the Profile Sharing screen, select Friends Only or Everyone.
- Check and update your Social Network Sharing settings.
- On the Custom Privacy & Online Settings screen, use the right stick to navigate to Social Network Sharing. The right side of the screen will show you what your current setting is.
- If your setting is currently Blocked, select Social Network Sharing.
- On the Social Network Sharing screen, select Allowed.
- Press the B button on your controller to go back to the Privacy & Online Settings screen.
- On Privacy & Online Settings screen, select Save and Exit to save your settings changes.
For more information about adjusting parental controls, see Xbox 360 console parental controls.
For more information about how to change your locale, see Change your Xbox 360 console or Xbox Live language.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
We're sorry this article didn't solve your problem. We won't give up and neither should you. Try this community option, below.