Set up and use the Target Ticket app
Learn how to set up and watch Target Ticket content on Xbox 360.
To use the Target Ticket app, you need the following:
- An Xbox Live Gold Membership
- At least 134 megabytes (MB) of available space
- A Target Ticket account.
Download the Target Ticket app
- On your console, sign in with your Xbox Live-enabled gamertag. (Xbox Live Gold Membership is required.)
- Go to apps, and then select Browse Apps.
- Browse for Target Ticket.
- Select Target Ticket to download and install the app. Once installed, the app automatically starts, and you can browse through and view details about the available content.
To start the Target Ticket app later, go to tv & movies, My Video Apps, and then Target Ticket.
From the Dashboard, go to tv & movies, select My Video Apps, and then select Target Ticket.
- When you open the app for the first time, you’ll be prompted to accept the end user license agreement. Sign in to the app and associate your console to your Target Ticket account. Once signed in, you won’t be prompted again unless you sign out from within the Target Ticket app on your console.
- From featured, you can watch any of the featured programs displayed in the center.
- Navigate to:
- my library – Access all the TV shows and movies you’ve purchased through your Target Ticket account.
- movies –Browse movie titles by new releases, genres, Target picks, most popular, or studios for movies to add to your collection. If you have a promotional code, you can redeem it here as well.
- tv shows – Browse titles by latest episodes, recently added, genres, Target picks, new series, most popular, or networks for the next great show to add to your collection. If you have a promotional code, you can redeem it here as well.
- search – Search by TV show or movie title or by cast and crew.
- Select something to watch and purchase it.
Once the TV show or movie is in your collection, you can either play it immediately, or visit my library to access it later.
Associate your console to your Target Ticket account
When you start the app, you’ll be prompted to sign in.
- On the welcome screen, select get started.
The “activate now” screen gives you two options:
- activate now allows you to continue the sign-in process and then moves you to the Activate screen.
- explore Target Ticket allows you to enter the app to look around, but to purchase or interact with the content, you’ll need to activate the app.
- On the Activate screen, an activation code is displayed. Access an Internet-enabled device and go to targetticket.com/xboxstart to complete the next steps.
- On the Target Ticket website, you’ll be asked to sign in or create a new Target Ticket account. Once signed in, you’ll see the “add a device” screen. On this screen you will:
- Enter the activation code that’s displayed on the Xbox screen.
- Give your device a name (for example, Xbox living room).
- Click the activate button.
Once signed in, you won’t be prompted again unless you sign out from within the Target Ticket app on your console.
Dissociate your console from your Target Ticket account
To dissociate your console from your Target Ticket account:
- Go to targetticket.com/devices from an Internet-enabled device.
- From the list of devices on your account, locate your Xbox by the name you gave it.
- Click on the pencil icon on the right side of the box associated with the device. This opens the edit screen.
- To dissociate this device, click delete this Device.
Use Family Settings to control access to content
If you use Family Settings to control which movies and TV shows can be watched through Xbox Live on your console, the Target Ticket app will follow those settings. For example, if you prohibit TV-MA-rated TV shows or R-rated movies from being watched on your console, those programs will be marked with a restricted video icon in the Target Ticket app. To play a restricted item, an adult must enter the Family Settings pass code.
For more information about how to restrict Xbox Live content using Family Settings, see Xbox 360 console parental controls.
For all content, billing, and account-related support, visit Target Ticket Support or call (855) 848-8425 (8 AM until 2 AM Central Time).