Troubleshoot TwitchTV app issues
This article describes how to resolve problems with the TwitchTV app on Xbox 360.
Xbox Live connection problems
Xbox 360 audio/video problems
The TwitchTV app doesn't respond
If the TwitchTV app doesn’t respond, delete and reinstall it. Here’s how:
- From the Xbox Dashboard, go to settings and then System.
- Select Storage.
- Select your primary storage device (most likely Xbox 360 Hard Drive).
- Select Games and Apps.
- Find and select any items that refer to "TwitchTV."
- Select Delete.
- Return to the Xbox Dashboard.
- Go to Browse Apps and select TwitchTV app.
- Select Confirm Download to download and install the app.
If you keep getting the error, use the "Contact us" link at the bottom of this page to contact Xbox Support.
You may get one of the following error messages when you try to use the TwitchTV app:
- Cannot play this channel at this time. Please try again later.
- Sorry, the item you're interested in is no longer available.
- Stream Currently Unavailable
These errors indicate that TwitchTV is having a problem streaming content. Try this:
- Check the status of TwitchTV service.
- If there is no issue and you get the error when you try to play content, wait for about a minute and then try again.
- If you continue to get the error, select a different piece of content to watch.
- If you still get the error, delete and reinstall the TwitchTV app.
If this didn’t resolve the issue, or if you want to notify TwitchTV of a content issue, contact TwitchTV by visiting the Twitch Support Center
or by email
- Sorry, the Twitch server isn’t available right now. Please select the retry button below or try again later. For more information, go to www.xbox.com/status.
- Check the status of TwitchTV.
- If there’s no reported problem with the TwitchTV service and you continue to get the error message, wait about a minute and then restart the app.
- If you continue to get the error, delete and re-install the TwitchTV app.
If you still experience the problem, contact Xbox Support by clicking the “Contact us” link at the bottom of this page.
- Your console Ratings system is not supported by the application. The application only supports US Ratings system. You can turn off content controls in Settings, Family.
This error occurs when your region is not set to the United States. For information about how to change your region, see the Xbox 360 console displays text in the wrong language.
For information about how to turn off parental controls, see Xbox 360 console parental controls.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
We're sorry this article didn't solve your problem. We won't give up and neither should you. Try this community option, below.