You get "A Purchase Error Occurred" when buying something through Xbox Live on Xbox 360
When you try to purchase content from Xbox Live through your Xbox 360 console, you get the following error message:
A Purchase Error Occurred
Sign out and try again
- Press the Guide button on the Xbox controller, and then press the X button to sign out.
Xbox 360 controller guide button
Check the status of the Xbox Live service
- Select your profile, and then sign in.
- Go to the content for which the error occurred.
- Try to purchase the item again. If you can’t purchase the item, try the next solution.
Go to Service status and see if the Xbox LIVE service is available.
Test your Xbox Live connection
- If the Xbox LIVE service is not available, please wait and try to purchase the content when the service is available.
- If the Xbox LIVE service is available, try the next solution.
- From the Xbox Dashboard, go to settings and select System.
- Select Network Settings.
- Select Test Xbox Live Connection.
Clear the cache on the Xbox 360 console
- If you see a yellow warning triangle, you may have a NAT problem. To learn how to resolve this problem, see the Xbox Live NAT Error Solution.
- If you don’t see a yellow warning triangle, try the next solution.
To learn how to clear the Xbox 360 cache, see How to clear your Xbox 360 system cache.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
We're sorry this article didn't solve your problem. We won't give up and neither should you. Try this community option, below.