You get "A Purchase Error Occurred" when buying content from Xbox Live on Xbox 360
When you purchase content from Xbox Live through your Xbox 360 console, you get the following error message:
A Purchase Error Occurred
To resolve this problem, try the following solutions:
Solution 1: Sign out and try again
- Press the Guide button on the Xbox controller, and then press the X button to sign out.
Solution 2: Check the status of the Xbox Live service
- Select your profile, and then sign in.
- Go to the content for which the error occurred.
- Try to purchase the item again. If you still can’t purchase the item, try the next solution.
Go to Service status and see if the Xbox Live service is available.
Solution 3: Test your Xbox Live connection
- If the Xbox Live service is not available, wait and try to purchase the content when the service is available.
- If the Xbox Live service is available, try the next solution.
- From the Xbox Dashboard, go to settings and select System.
- Select Network Settings.
- Select Test Xbox Live Connection.
Solution 4: Clear the cache on the Xbox 360 console
- If you see a yellow warning triangle, you may have a NAT problem. To learn how to resolve this issue, see the Xbox Live NAT Error Solution.
- If you don’t see a yellow warning triangle, try the next solution.
To learn how to clear the system cache on your console, see How to clear the cache on Xbox 360.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
We're sorry this article didn't solve your problem. We won't give up and neither should you. Try this community option, below.