Error 8015D002 occurs when signing in to Xbox Live on your Xbox 360
You see the following error message when you try to sign in to Xbox Live:
Account does not exist.
Status Code: 8015D002
This may mean one of the following:
- There’s a problem with your account. For example, the security information for your account may need to be updated.
- The profile stored on your Xbox 360 console is corrupt.
Solution 1: Check the Xbox Live service status
Go to the Xbox Live status page to see whether the service is up and running. If there are any service alerts, wait a while and then try again.
Solution 2: Verify your Microsoft account security information
Follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Microsoft account.
Note If you forgot your password or can’t sign in using your password, try the Find your Microsoft account email address or password solution.
- Under Security & Privacy, click Change password & more.
- Under Security info helps keep your account secure, verify your email addresses and phone number. Add or update this security information if necessary.
- Sign out of your Microsoft account, and then sign in again.
- Try to sign in to Xbox Live again.
Solution 3: Redownload your Xbox Live profile
Follow these steps:
- First, move your Xbox Live profile. Here's how:
- Format a spare USB flash drive as a memory unit.
- Plug the flash drive into your console.
- From the Dashboard, go to settings, and then select Storage.
- Select All Devices.
- Select Gamer Profiles, and then select your gamer profile.
- Select Move.
- Select the memory unit that you want to move your profile to.
- Remove the USB flash drive from your console.
- Clear the System Cache. Here's how:
- Press the Guide button on your controller.
- Go to Settings and select System Settings.
- Select Storage or Memory.
- Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
- Select Clear System Cache.
When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.
- Restart your Xbox 360 console.
- Redownload your Xbox Live profile. For information on how to do this, see Download your Xbox Live profile to a different Xbox 360 console or redownload it.
If you recently enabled two-step verification
If you enabled two-step verification and created an app password, use that app password to sign in to Xbox Live.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
We're sorry this article didn't solve your problem. We won't give up and neither should you. Try this community option, below.