Calibrate the Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor
The Xbox 360 Kinect sensor uses your body as a controller by tracking how your body moves. If Kinect is not tracking your body correctly, you can recalibrate the Kinect sensor. Here's how:
- Get the calibration card that came with your Kinect game disc.
Note Kinect calibration cards are available with Kinect Adventures! and with some other Kinect games. If you don’t have a calibration card, you might be able to borrow one from a friend.
Note Depending on print quality, the calibration process may not work correctly if you copy the calibration card or print an image of the calibration card.
- Press the Guide button on your controller.
- Go to Settings, then select Kinect Tuner.
- Select Calibration.
- Hold up the calibration card so Kinect can see it.
- Move the card forward, backward, or sideways until the eyes on your card are matched to the glasses on the screen. The edges of the calibration card should match the rectangle on screen.
- Hold the card still until the green box fills.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 until the Kinect sensor calibration is complete.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
We're sorry this article didn't solve your problem. We won't give up and neither should you. Try this community option, below.