Calibrate the Kinect sensor
The Kinect sensor uses your body as a controller by tracking how your body moves. If Kinect is not tracking your body correctly, you can recalibrate the Kinect sensor. Here's how:
- Get the calibration card that came with your Kinect game disc.
- Press the Guide button on your controller.
- Go to Settings, then select Kinect Tuner.
- Select Calibration.
- Hold up the calibration card so Kinect can see it.
- Move the card forward, backward, or sideways until the eyes on your card are matched to the glasses on the screen. The edges of the calibration card should match the rectangle on screen.
- Hold the card still until the green box fills.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 until the Kinect sensor calibration is complete.
Tip Do not copy the calibration card or use a copy to attempt calibration. Copies of the card might not work correctly.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
We're sorry this article didn't solve your problem. We won't give up and neither should you. Try this community option, below.