Use the narrator on the Xbox One console
Narrator is a screen reader that reads text, buttons, and other elements from the console aloud. You can enable it from Settings on your Xbox One console, from your controller, and from a keyboard.
Enable narrator from Settings
- Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.
- Go down to the fifth tab and select Settings.
- Scroll left and select the default option, All Settings.
- The bottom option in Settings is Ease of Access. Scroll down to it and then scroll right to find and select Narrator.
- The focus will default to the area where you can turn narrator on and off again. Press the A button on your controller to turn the narrator on. To turn it off, press the A button again.
Enable narrator from a controller
- Go to Home.
- Hold the Xbox button on your controller until the power bar pops up. Your controller will vibrate.
- Press the Menu button, which is under the Xbox button and slightly offset to the right.
To disable narrator, repeat these steps.
Enable narrator from a keyboard
Hold the Windows logo key and press Enter.
To disable the narrator, repeat this key combination.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
We're sorry this article didn't solve your problem. We won't give up and neither should you. Try this community option, below.