Change your sign-in preferences on your Xbox One console
If you want to change your signing in preferences, such as requiring your password when you sign in, follow these steps.
- Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.
- Select Settings.
- Select All Settings.
- Under Account, select Sign-in, security & passkey. If you previously required a password to change settings, you'll be asked to enter it now.
- Under Sign-in, security & passkey, select Change my sign-in & security preferences.
- Choose one of the options:
- Make it fast, make it magic. No password.
- No barriers. No extra steps to sign in or change settings.
- Check that it's me. Ask for your passkey.
- Ask for my passkey. Passkey required to sign in, buy things or change settings.
- Lock it down. Passkey needed for almost everything.
- Customise. Select this option to customise which actions require a password or passkey.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
We're sorry this article didn't solve your problem. We won't give up and neither should you. Try this community option, below.