About Xbox One web filtering
Web filtering enables parents to control what kinds of websites their child can access on Xbox One. Web filtering allows you to decide from among these options:
- Allow List Only: Can access only websites a parent has added to the Allow list via Xbox.com.
- Designed for Children: Includes the previous, and allows access to websites designed for children while blocking adult sites.
- General Interest: Includes all the previous, and allows access to general interest websites while blocking adult sites.
- Basic Communication: Includes all the previous, and allows social networking, web chat and web mail while blocking adult sites.
- Warn on Adult: Allows access to all content, but shows a warning before browsing to adult sites.
- Turned Off: No web filtering.
Establish web filtering settings
On the Xbox One console:
- Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.
- Select Settings.
- Select All Settings.
- Under Account, select Family.
- Select the child account that you want to add web filters to.
- Select the current setting to view all the available options.
- Select the desired level of web filtering.
Note Specific websites can only be added to the Allow list in the Family section of your Microsoft account.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
We're sorry this article didn't solve your problem. We won't give up and neither should you. Try this community option, below.