How to turn an Xbox 360 offline profile into a gamertag
To convert your offline profile into a gamertag, make sure that you have a Microsoft account available that's not currently associated with another gamertag. If you don't currently have a Microsoft account, see Microsoft account on the Xbox console FAQ to find out how to create one.
Note Microsoft can at any time deem a gamertag harmful or inappropriate (even if the Change gamertag tool allows it to be created), and we can change that gamertag without warning. For more info on why we remove gamertags, see Gamertag and Real Name on the Xbox Safety website.
Turn your offline profile into a gamertag
- Sign in to the profile that you want to convert from an offline profile to a gamertag.
- Press the Guide button to bring up the mini-guide
- Go to Settings and then select Profile.
- Select Join Xbox Live.
- Enter your first name.
- Enter your Microsoft account email address.
- Enter your Microsoft account password.
- Verify the information on the screen.
- Verify the current privacy settings.
- Review the Microsoft Services Agreement and then select I accept.
Note When you follow these steps, the gamerscore from your offline profile transfers to your Xbox Live profile.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "How to turn an Xbox 360 offline profile into a gamertag" issue you were reading about or a different issue?