Require a passkey for purchases on your Xbox One console
To control any purchases made on your account, you can require a passkey before a purchase can be completed. Learn more about the benefits of setting a passkey.
How to require a passkey for purchases
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Under Account, select Sign-in, security & passkey. If you’ve previously required a password to change settings, you’ll be asked to enter it now.
- Under Sign-in, security & passkey, select Change my sign-in & security preferences.
- Scroll right and select Customize.
- Scroll right and select Ask for my passkey to make purchases.
- To turn this feature off, repeat this step and select Passkey not required.
A passkey is now required to make purchases on your account.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
We're sorry this article didn't solve your problem. We won't give up and neither should you. Try this community option, below.