Troubleshoot Channel 9 app issues
This article describes how to resolve problems with the Channel 9 app on Xbox 360.
Xbox Live connection problems
Xbox 360 audio/video problems
The Channel 9 doesn't respond
If the Channel 9 app doesn’t respond, delete and reinstall it. Here's how:
- From the Xbox Dashboard, go to settings and then System.
- Select Storage.
- Select your primary storage device (probably Xbox 360 Hard Drive).
- Select Games and Apps.
- Find and select any items that refer to "Channel 9."
- Select Delete.
- Return to the Xbox Dashboard.
- Go to Browse Apps, and then select Channel 9.
- Select Confirm Download to download and install the app.
If the problem is not resolved, please contact Xbox Support.
You may get one of the following error messages when you try to use the Channel 9 app.
- Sorry, the Channel 9 server isn’t available right now. Please select the retry button below or try again later. For more information, go to www.xbox.com/status.
- The Application has encountered an unexpected error and will now exit.
- Sorry, the Channel 9 server isn’t available right now. Please select the retry button below or try again later. For more information, go to www.xbox.com/status
- Channel 9 Server unavailable.
- A server or network error has occurred. Please try again later.
- An unknown error has occurred.
- An internal error has occurred
- Go to the Xbox Live status page to check for any reported issues with the service.
- If there are no reported issues and you get one of these errors when you try to launch the Channel 9 app or access content in the app, wait about a minute and then restart the app.
- If you continue to get the error, delete and reinstall the Channel 9 app.
- If the problem is not resolved, please contact Xbox Support.
- The video cannot be played at this time.
- A missing data error has occurred.
- Sorry, the video you were interested in is no longer available.
- If you get one of these errors, wait about a minute and then try to access the programme again.
- If you continue to get the error, select a different programme to watch.
To notify Channel 9 of a content error, go to http://channel9.msdn.com/contactus.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
We're sorry this article didn't solve your problem. We won't give up and neither should you. Try this community option, below.