Install SmartGlass on an Android phone
You can download SmartGlass either directly to your Android phone or first to your computer and then to your Android phone. This page tells you how.
Keep in mind that you’ll need an Xbox Live membership before installing SmartGlass on an Android phone.
SmartGlass Requirements for Android
To use SmartGlass for Android, your phone must have Android 2.2 (“Froyo”) or later installed.
To confirm that your phone is compatible with SmartGlass, check with your handset provider.
Note SmartGlass is not compatible with Android tablets.
Download SmartGlass from Google Play directly to your Android phone
- Open Google Play on your Android phone.
- Tap the Search icon and search for SmartGlass.
- Follow the instructions to download and install the app on your Android.
Install SmartGlass using your computer
You can install SmartGlass on your computer and then download it to your Android. Here’s how:
- Go to Google Play using the web browser on your computer.
- Browse or search for “SmartGlass”.
- Click Install, and then follow the instructions to download and then install the app on your Android phone.
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Install SmartGlass on an Android phone" issue you were reading about or a different issue?