Error 80154080 occurs when making a purchase on Xbox 360
You see the following error code and message when you try to make a purchase on your Xbox 360 console:
This action cannot be performed at this time. Please try again later. For more information, go to http://www.xbox.com/support.
Status code: 80154080
To resolve this problem, try the following solutions.
Solution 1: Check the Xbox Live service status
If you see any alerts here, wait until the service is up and running and try again:
Solution 2: Check your billing address
Make sure that the billing address for your Microsoft account matches the billing address you use with your credit card company. Also, make sure that your card's expiry date hasn't passed. Here's how:
- Sign in to the Payment & billing page with your Microsoft account.
- If you don't know your Microsoft account email address or password, use the Lost Account Solution or the Lost Password Solution.
- Select Billing info, and then follow the steps to review your billing information.
Note If there's an error, select Edit profile, and then follow the instructions to update the information.
Solution 3: Contact your bank or financial institution
The purchase might have failed because:
- The credit card has not been activated.
- The credit card was declined due to insufficient funds.
- The credit card is not authorised for online purchases or automatic billing.
- The credit card company is blocking the transaction.
Contact your credit card company or bank and make sure that the card was activated, that it has available funds and that the transaction is not being blocked for some reason.
Solution 4: Try your purchase again later
The purchase might be blocked because:
- Too many recent purchase attempts were declined.
- The Microsoft account or the payment option is being used from a suspicious location.
- The payment option you provided has a violation for non-payment that’s preventing it from being used for new purchases.
Wait and try the transaction again in 24 to 48 hours. If a number of purchase failures occur, this can prevent transactions from being processed until no purchase attempts have been made for a while (usually 24 to 48 hours).
Solution 5: Use an Xbox gift card
An alternative way to make purchases is to buy an Xbox gift card from a retailer and use it to make purchases. Note that not all purchases allow use of gift cards or prepaid options. Before purchasing an Xbox gift card, make sure that purchase option is available for the item you want to purchase.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 80154080 occurs when making a purchase on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?