Error 8C010003 occurs when you try to purchase from Xbox Live
You see the following error code and message when you’re trying to make a purchase from Xbox Live:
There’s a problem with Xbox LIVE. Please try again later.
This may mean one of several things:
- Xbox Live is undergoing maintenance. To see if Xbox Live is up and running, check Xbox Live Service status.
- You’re trying to purchase content through your Xbox 360 console that can only be purchased on Xbox.com.
- There’s a problem with your payment option.
To resolve this problem, try the following solutions:
- Wait and try your transaction later. If a maintenance issue prevented your transaction from going through, waiting for a few minutes could give this issue time to clear up.
- If you’re trying to make your purchase through your Xbox 360 console, try using your computer instead. Go to the appropriate page on Xbox.com, find the content you want to purchase, and try to purchase it that way.
- Remove any unused payment options (credit cards) from your Xbox Live account. Here’s how:
- Go to My Account at Xbox.com.
- Under Payment & Billing, click Manage Payment Options. If you’re prompted, sign in using the Microsoft account (email and password) that’s associated with your Xbox Live account.
If you don’t know your Microsoft account information, see Microsoft account: Frequently asked questions.
- Next to the payment option that you want to remove, click Remove.
- Select Yes to confirm the removal.
For more information about troubleshooting credit card errors on Xbox Live, see Xbox Live credit card error codes.
If you’re still experiencing the problem, contact Xbox Support by clicking the “Contact us” link at the bottom of this page.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 8C010003 occurs when you try to purchase from Xbox Live" issue you were reading about or a different issue?