Use Magnifier on Xbox One
Magnifier zooms in on the screen to help you see text and images better on your Xbox One. You can use Magnifier with your controller or with a connected USB keyboard.
Turn on Magnifier
- If you’re using a controller, press and hold the Xbox button until it vibrates, and then press the View button .
- If you’re using a keyboard, press the Windows logo key + plus (+).
- To use voice commands, say "Hey Cortana, turn on Magnifier" or "Xbox, turn on Magnifier."
With a controller
- Use the right stick to pan to the area on the screen that you want to see.
- Use the left stick to interact with the items on the screen.
- Use the right trigger to zoom in.
- Use the left trigger to zoom out.
To use your triggers and right stick while playing a game, press and hold the Xbox button to lock magnification and all the controls on your controller. To switch magnifier controls back on, press and hold the Xbox button again.
Note When you turn on Magnifier with a controller, you can't use the keyboard to navigate around or select items.
With a keyboard
- Press Ctrl + Alt + arrow keys to pan to the area of the screen that you want to see.
- Press the Windows logo key + plus sign (+) to zoom in.
- Press the Windows logo key + minus sign (-) to zoom out.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Space bar to show Magnifier in full screen.
- Press the Tab key to move through items on the screen.
- Press the Space bar to select an item.
- Press the Windows logo key + Esc to exit Magnifier.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Use Magnifier on Xbox One" issue you were reading about or a different issue?