Error 0x803f8003 occurs when launching a game on the Xbox One S or original Xbox One
You see the following error code when you try launching a game on your Xbox One S or original Xbox One console that requires a subscription and the subscription is expired:
Something went wrong
To resolve this issue, try the following solutions.
Solution 1: Verify the status of the subscription (Ex: Gold subscription, EA Access, etc.)
Note Games with Gold titles require an active Xbox Live Gold subscription on the account that originally redeemed the Games with Gold offer.
To renew your subscription:
- Sign in to your Services & subscriptions page with your Microsoft account.
- Find the subscription you want to renew in the list, select Renew, and then follow the instructions.
- If you don’t see a link to Renew, you’ll need to buy the subscription again. Go to the Microsoft Store at http://www.microsoftstore.com.
Solution 2: Try launching the game again
- Go to Home by pressing the Xbox button.
- With the focus on the game tile, select the Menu button.
- Select Quit.
- Wait at least 10 seconds, and then try launching the game again.
Solution 3: Restart your console
To resolve this problem, try restarting the console:
- Double-tap the Xbox button on your controller to bring up the guide.
- Scroll down and select Settings.
- Select Restart console, and then select Yes to confirm.
- After your console has restarted, sign in and try launching the game again.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 0x803f8003 occurs when launching a game on the Xbox One S or original Xbox One " issue you were reading about or a different issue?