Error 8027025A occurs when you try to sign in or start an Xbox One app
You see the following error code when you try to sign in or start an Xbox One app:
This may mean one of the following:
- There's a temporary problem with the Xbox Live service.
- The application did not load in the time expected.
- There's a sign-in issue with your profile.
Solution 1: Check the Xbox Live service status
If you see any alerts here, wait until the service is up and running and try again:
Solution 2: Start the app again
To do this, first stop the app:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select Home.
- With the focus on the app tile, select the Menu button .
- Select Quit.
Wait at least 10 seconds, and then start the app again.
Solution 3: Restart your console
- Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your Xbox One controller to open the Power Center.
- Select Restart console.
- Select Restart.
Note If the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button on the console again to restart.
Did this resolve your issue?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 8027025A occurs when you try to sign in or start an Xbox One app" issue you were reading about or a different issue?