Benefits of creating a family on Xbox One
By creating a Microsoft account for each person in your family, you can personalize each family member’s online experience based on age-appropriate limits that you set. Those settings will apply to any Xbox One or Windows 10 device they sign in to.
Family-friendly Microsoft Store
- Easily add money to your child's Microsoft account, and set limits for how much your children spend in Microsoft Store on account.microsoft.com/family.
- Review your child’s purchase history and the credit cards on your child’s account.
- Set limits so when your children browse content in Microsoft Store, they'll only be able to see age-appropriate content.
Family settings for all Xbox One and Windows 10 devices
- Decide how each child interacts with others, shares their profile information, joins multiplayer games, or adds friends to their friends list by customizing the Xbox safety settings.
- Manage all content and web restrictions online at account.microsoft.com/family or on the Xbox One console.
- The visual experience on the dashboard can reflect each family member’s personality. They can choose their own colors, select their own gamertag and gamerpic, and specify which apps they want to pin to the account home page.
- Everyone has his or her own achievements, gamerscores, and friends list that they can take with them when they use their profile at their friend’s house or anywhere else.
For more information about Family membership and Family settings, go to the Family page.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Benefits of creating a family on Xbox One" issue you were reading about or a different issue?