"Call us overprotective, but we need to verify that this email is yours" message when signing in to Xbox.com
You see the following message when you try to sign in to Xbox.com with a non-Microsoft email address such as @gmail.com or @yahoo.com:
Call us overprotective, but we need to verify that [email address] is yours
You received this message because you need to validate your email address or update security information.
When you set up your Microsoft account, you provided an email address and password as security information to protect your account. If you used a non-Microsoft email address, we'll ask you to verify that you have access to that email address by sending you an email with validation instructions. If you skipped this step when you first set up your account, you may need to do this to be able to sign in.
For more information about Microsoft account security, see one of the following pages:
If you didn't receive an email from Microsoft asking you to validate your email address, try the following solutions.
Solution 1: Resend the email
Check the email address provided in the message to make sure it’s correct. If it’s correct:
- Select Resend email in the message.
- Sign in to your email account and find the email from “Microsoft account team.” You may need to check your junk mail folder.
- Follow the instructions provided.
- Return to account.microsoft.com or Xbox.com and sign in again.
Solution 2: Use a different email address
If you notice that the email address is incorrect in the message, or you no longer have access to the account, you can change the email address you use as your Microsoft account. Here’s how:
- Select Use a different email address as your Microsoft account in the message.
- Changing your email address is also known as changing your primary alias. You can:
- Correct the email address you want to use for signing in.
- Create a new Outlook account.
- Use an email address you already use regularly.
- If you use a non-Microsoft email address, we’ll send an email to that address to verify you have access. If you don’t see it in your inbox, check your junk mail folder.
Pour mieux vous aider, dites-nous si cette solution a résolu votre problème.
Merci pour vos commentaires
Merci pour vos commentaires.
Fournir des commentaires pour cette rubrique
Souhaitez-vous contacter le support technique pour le problème ""Call us overprotective, but we need to verify that this email is yours" message when signing in to Xbox.com" que vous étiez en train de consulter ou pour un autre problème ?