Error 831118FE occurs when you try to connect to Xbox or download your profile
You see the following error when you’re trying to sign in to Xbox Live:
This may mean that there’s an issue with your Microsoft account or gamertag.
Solution 1: Delete your gamertag, clear your cache, and recover your gamertag
To resolve this issue, try the following steps:
- Unplug any accessories attached to your console, such as a headset, the Xbox 360 Chatpad, or the Kinect sensor.
- Delete your profile. For more information, see Download, move, or delete your Xbox 360 profile.
- Clear your system cache three times. See How to clear your Xbox 360 system cache.
- Recover your gamertag. For details, see Download, move, or delete your Xbox Live profile.
- Update your security proofs. See Add and update security proofs for your Microsoft account.
- Restart your console.
Solution 2: Try a direct-to-modem wired connection
If the previous solution doesn’t work, try connecting your Xbox 360 console directly to your modem instead of connecting it to your router. Here’s how:
- On your router, unplug the network cable that connects the router to your Xbox console (leave the other end of this cable plugged into your Xbox).
- On your modem, unplug the network cable connecting the modem to your router. At this point, neither the Xbox nor the modem should be connected to the router.
- Now connect your Xbox directly to your modem (use the same cable that was connecting your Xbox to your router).
- Turn off your Xbox console.
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the modem.
- After 1 minute, plug the modem back in and wait for all of the lights to return to their normal state.
- Turn on your Xbox console.
- Try to connect to Xbox Live and download your profile.
- Connecting your Xbox 360 console to Xbox Live using a wired connection eliminates potential issues with interference that can be caused by wireless devices. It also helps eliminate issues caused by Network Address Translation (NAT) blocks.
- These steps only work if your modem does not also function as a router.
If you can connect to Xbox Live and download your profile, the problem may be the router configuration. To troubleshoot router issues, visit the Networking Hardware Information forums for information about your specific router make and model. Additionally, you may want to review Network ports used by Xbox Live.
Solution 3: Try the Xbox Live Connection Error Solution
If the previous solution doesn’t work, try the troubleshooting steps in the Xbox Live Connection Error Solution.
Solution 4: Contact your Internet Service Provider
If the previous solution doesn’t work, contact technical support at your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for additional assistance. Your ISP can help you determine what type of Internet service you have and any issues that are affecting network performance.
Note Xbox Live does not support wireless or satellite-based Internet connections.
When you contact technical support, have the following information available:
- Document as much information as possible about your computer and network. For example, document the make, model, and firmware version of your router.
- Document the exact error message that you receive.
- Document the steps you have already taken, and the results and details you’ve collected during each of those steps.
If you keep experiencing the problem, contact Xbox Support.
Pour mieux vous aider, dites-nous si cette solution a résolu votre problème.
Merci pour vos commentaires
Merci pour vos commentaires.
Fournir des commentaires pour cette rubrique
Souhaitez-vous contacter le support technique pour le problème "Error 831118FE occurs when you try to connect to Xbox or download your profile" que vous étiez en train de consulter ou pour un autre problème ?