Error 0x803F8003 occurs when launching a game on PC, Xbox One S, or original Xbox One
You see the following error code when you try launching a game:
Try one or more of the following, depending on where this error occurred.
If you’re seeing this error on Windows 10 PC, it means a game’s free trial is over. To continue playing the game, buy it at the Microsoft Store.
For more info on promotional games, see Understanding betas, demos, and trials.
On Xbox console
Solution 1: Verify the status of the subscription (Ex: Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, Xbox Game Pass, EA Access, etc.)
Note Games with Gold titles require an active Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription on the account that originally redeemed the Games with Gold offer.
To renew your subscription:
- Sign in to your Services & subscriptions page with your Microsoft account.
- Find the subscription you want to renew in the list, select Renew, and then follow the instructions.
- If you don’t see a link to Renew, you’ll need to buy the subscription again. Go to the Microsoft Store at http://www.microsoftstore.com.
Solution 2: Try launching the game again
- Go to Home by pressing the Xbox button .
- With the focus on the game tile, select the Menu button .
- Select Quit.
- Wait at least 10 seconds, and then try launching the game again.
Solution 3: Restart your console
To resolve this problem, try restarting the console:
- Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your Xbox One controller to open the Power Center.
- Select Restart console.
- Select Restart.
- After your console has restarted, sign in and try launching the game again.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 0x803F8003 occurs when launching a game on PC, Xbox One S, or original Xbox One" issue you were reading about or a different issue?