Manage app privacy settings on Xbox One
When you download apps from Microsoft Store on your Xbox One, each app requires permission to access data from your console. You can use the privacy settings on your console to control what data Microsoft collects and how it’s used.
Manage app privacy settings on your Xbox One console
To manage your app privacy settings and data collected from your console:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select System > Settings > General > Online safety & family.
- Select Privacy & online safety > App privacy.
- From the list, select the checkboxes next to the data for which you’re giving permission to be collected.
Note When you give apps permission on a console, it’s only saved on that console. If you use multiple consoles, make sure you give your apps permission on all your consoles.
Manage app privacy settings for your child’s account
For a child account, an adult member of the family needs to sign in to their Microsoft account to change the child’s privacy settings.
- Sign in to the console with the adult’s Microsoft account.
- Go to System > Settings > Account > Family settings > Manage family members.
- Select the child account you’d like to manage, and then go to Privacy & online safety > App privacy to give permission.
Note If multiple gamers are signed in, apps can only access data for which everyone has given permission.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Manage app privacy settings on Xbox One " issue you were reading about or a different issue?