Error 8C320008 occurs when trying to sign in to your Xbox 360
You see the following error code and message when you try to sign in to your Xbox 360 console:
There’s a problem with Xbox Live. Please try again later
Status code: 8C320008.
This may mean that there’s a problem with your Microsoft account for one of the following reasons:
- Incorrect or incomplete billing information.
- An outstanding balance on your account.
- Too many recent purchase attempts from your Xbox account.
- Suspicious or fraudulent behavior.
- The credit or debit card used for the account has not been activated.
To resolve this problem, try the following solutions.
Solution 1: Contact your bank or financial institution
The Xbox purchase might have failed because:
- The credit or debit card hasn’t been activated.
- The credit or debit card was declined due to insufficient funds.
- The credit or debit card is not authorized for online purchases or automatic billing.
- The credit or debit card company is blocking the transaction.
Contact your credit or debit card company or bank and make sure that the card you’re using was activated, has available funds, and the transaction is not being blocked for some reason.
Solution 2: Pay any outstanding balance on your Microsoft account
If you have a payment option tied to a subscription that has an outstanding balance, you'll have to settle the balance owed before you can make a purchase on your Xbox 360 console.
Here’s how to pay your past-due balance online:
- Sign in to your Services & subscriptions page with your Microsoft account.
- Find your past-due subscription in the list. The amount past due will be in red.
- Select Pay now, and then follow the instructions to pay the balance due.
Note If your subscription is past due, adding a prepaid code will not settle the balance you owe. You’ll need to settle the outstanding balance using the steps above before redeeming your prepaid code.
Solution 3: Change your payment option
To change or update your payment option, see Update a payment option online, select Update a payment option on the left side of the screen, and then follow the instructions on the screen.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 8C320008 occurs when trying to sign in to your Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?