Error C810-1011 occurs when you try to download an update
You see error code C810-1011 or the following message when you try to download a console update:
Can’t process the update. If the problem persists, go to www.xbox.com/support.
This may mean that your console has been tampered with or modified and has been banned from Xbox Live. If you console is banned, your console can no longer connect to Xbox Live, install software updates or play new games that require a console software update. Learn about Xbox Live console bans.
You can still play your existing games offline when you console is banned. Here's how:
- Disconnect your network cable or remove your Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter from the console.
- Turn off auto sign-in:
- Restart your console.
- Select No if you are prompted to update your console software.
- Press the Guide button on your controller.
- Go to Settings, and then select Profile.
- Select Sign-in Preferences.
- Set Profile Auto Sign-in to “Off”.
- Press the B button on your controller to return to the Xbox Dashboard.
Your console can now play your existing games offline. Any future attempts to sign in to Xbox Live or update your console software will result in an error.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error C810-1011 occurs when you try to download an update" issue you were reading about or a different issue?