Personalize your color, background, and theme on Xbox One
You have a few ways to change the look and feel on your Xbox.
Choose your color
Your personal color appears in tiles and accents on your Xbox.
To choose your color, press the Xbox button to open the guide, then select System > Settings > General > Personalization > My color & background > My color.
Choose a color. Personal colors follow you to any Xbox.
Choose your background
Your background appears where you’d expect it to – in the background of home. It can be a solid color or an image like achievement art, a custom image, or a screenshot.
To choose your background, press the Xbox button to open the guide, then select System > Settings > General > Personalization > My color & background.
- Select Achievement art, then choose an achievement from one of your games.
- Select Set as background.
For custom images:
- Put a JPG or PNG file on a USB device, and then plug it in to your Xbox. (You can also use a DLNA share for this.)
- Select Custom image.
- Select File Explorer, choose your device, then choose your image.
- When it’s displayed, press the Menu button on your controller and select Set as background.
- Select Screenshot, then choose the one you want.
- Select More actions > Set as background.
Achievement art follows you to any Xbox, but custom images and screenshots stay on the console they’re set to.
Custom images must be smaller than 3 MB, and the best size for backgrounds is 1920 x 1080. To clear a background, choose black as your background.
Choose your theme
Themes can be set to dark or light and can also be scheduled.
To set a theme:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide, then select System > Settings > General > Personalization > Theme & motion.
- Under Theme, select Dark or Light, or schedule your theme according to specific times or sunrise and sunset.
Themes stay on the console they’re set to.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Personalize your color, background, and theme on Xbox One" issue you were reading about or a different issue?