Error 800705b4 occurs when an Xbox app fails to launch after an update
You see the following error code when you try to start an Xbox app after updating it:
This may mean that the application got corrupted through an app update.
Solution 1: Check the Xbox Live service status
If you see any alerts here, wait until the service is up and running and try again:
Solution 2: Delete and redownload the app
- On the Home screen, move right and select My games & apps.
- Highlight the app, and then press the Menu button on your controller.
- Select Manage app.
- Select Uninstall all from the menu.
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select Settings.
- Select Restart console.
- After your console restarts, redownload the app and try launching it again.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 800705b4 occurs when an Xbox app fails to launch after an update" issue you were reading about or a different issue?