Set up and use the blinkbox app on Xbox 360
On this page
Instantly stream blinkbox movies and TV
blinkbox gives access to a wide range of movies online. With more than 10,000 movie titles, movie fans can watch their favorite films immediately with no subscription required.
To watch blinkbox on your console, you need the following:
- To be signed into an Xbox Live Account.
- At least 100 megabytes (MB) of available storage space.
- A free blinkbox account.
Register for a free account at www.blinkbox.com/join/xbox.
Download the blinkbox app
- On your console, sign in with your Xbox Live gamertag.
- Go to apps, and then select Browse Apps or Search Apps.
- Browse or search for the blinkbox app.
- Select the blinkbox app, and then select Download.
- Select Confirm Purchase to download and install the app.
To start the blinkbox app later, go to apps, My Apps, and then blinkbox.
- Sign in by using your Xbox Live gamertag.
- Go to apps, then My Apps, and then select blinkbox to launch the app.
- Sign in with your blinkbox account and password.
- The first time you sign in, your console will be registered to your account.
Note blinkbox content can be viewed on up to five devices linked to your blinkbox account. A user can watch a title (within its license timeframe) on up to five devices – as long as playback is not happening simultaneously.
- blinkbox content must be purchased via www.blinkbox.com before it can be viewed in the blinkbox app.
Use Family Settings to control access to content
If you use Family Settings to control which movies and TV shows can be watched through Xbox Live on your console, the blinkbox app will follow those settings. For example, if you use parental controls to restrict access to some kinds of TV programs, those programs will be marked with a “restricted” icon in the blinkbox app. To play a restricted item, an adult must enter the Family Settings pass code.
For more information about how to restrict access to Xbox Live content by using Family Settings, see Set parental controls for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Set up and use the blinkbox app on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?