Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2
Open the Xbox Accessories app
To open the Xbox Accessories app on Xbox One, press the Xbox button to open the guide, select My games & apps > See all > Apps, and then choose Xbox Accessories.
To open the Xbox Accessories app on Windows 10, press the Start button , type Xbox Accessories or choose it from the list, and then sign in. If the app isn’t installed on your PC, get it in the Microsoft Store.
|Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize how you play with the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2.|
- The Xbox Accessories app is only available on Xbox One and Windows 10.
- To configure the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update (or later) and make sure your PC has the latest fixes. See how to get updates.
- The Xbox Accessories app won’t detect your controller if you’re using Bluetooth to connect to your PC. Connect your controller using Xbox Wireless, or plug the included USB-C cable into the back of the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 and plug the other end into your PC. For more info, see How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC.
Create profiles and switch between them
To create a controller profile:
- Using your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, open the Xbox Accessories app.
- Scroll to the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, then select Configure.
- Select New profile, give your profile a name, then configure your changes. For example, if you reassign D-pad down on the face of the controller to the Y button , then the D-pad down will act as the Y button going forward.
- When you’re done, press the B button for the changes to take effect.
Create multiple profiles in the app and switch between them using the built-in Profile button.
- Open the Xbox Accessories app, scroll to the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, then select Configure.
- In Profiles, select a controller profile you’ve created or create a new one.
- Choose a slot.
You can assign a slot for up to three profiles. Press the Profile button on the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller 2 to switch between them. When no bars appear lit below the Profile button, the controller is using the default button mapping.
Shift and system commands
Assign a button to act as a “Shift key”. Alternate inputs for your buttons are activated when the assigned Shift button is held down (helpful for changing configurations on the fly). For more info, see Use Shift with your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2.
Assign buttons to act as shortcuts for system actions like “Record that” and “Take screenshot.” When you select a button to remap, choose Primary or Shift, go to the Action tab, then choose an action from the list. When you’re done, press the B button for the changes to take effect.
Note System actions are currently not available on Windows 10.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 " issue you were reading about or a different issue?