How to remove your Microsoft account password from your Xbox console
Saving your Microsoft account password on your Xbox 360 or Xbox One console lets you quickly sign in to your Xbox account. However, you can also remove the stored password at any time.
Note Saving your Microsoft account on your console is not the same as signing in to your Xbox profile. If you remove your Microsoft account password from your console, you'll be prompted to enter it whenever you sign in to Xbox Live on your console.
For information about how to require your Microsoft account password to sign in to your profile, see Manage your sign-in preferences on your Xbox 360 console or Change your sign-in preferences on your Xbox One console.
Xbox 360 console
Here’s how to remove your Microsoft account password from your Xbox 360:
- Select your gamertag to sign in to your Xbox 360 console.
- Go to settings and select Account.
- Scroll right to Your Information, and then select Account Security.
- Select Password at Sign-In.
- Select Require Password Here.
Note You will see a message to the right saying your Microsoft account password is required when you sign in to this console.
- Sign out of your Xbox account.
- Select your gamertag and sign back in to your Xbox account.
- Leave the Remember Password checkbox unchecked so that your Microsoft account password is required each time you sign in.
Xbox One console
Here’s how to remove your Microsoft account password from your Xbox One:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select Sign in, and then select your gamertag to sign in.
- Go back to Home to open the guide.
- Select System > Settings > Account, and then Sign-in, security & passkey.
- Select Change my sign-in & security preferences.
- Scroll to the right, and then select Lock it down.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "How to remove your Microsoft account password from your Xbox console" issue you were reading about or a different issue?