Services: Purchase and Content Usage
Use the solutions on this page if you can’t sign in to your Xbox One console after you have changed your Microsoft account password.
This problem may occur because your console had not received the new password information for your Microsoft account when you tried signing in.
Important Before you try these solutions, make sure you can sign in to your Microsoft account online. Here’s how:
If you don’t remember which email address you use to sign in to your Microsoft account, use the Lost Account Solution.
Solution 1: Restart your console
Solution 2: Remove and then re-add your account to the console
Step 1: Remove your account from the console
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide and select System.
- Select Settings > Account > Remove accounts.
- Select your account, and then confirm removal.
Step 2: Reboot your Xbox One console
- Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your Xbox One controller to open the Power Center.
- Select Restart console.
- Select Restart.
Step 3: Re-add your account to the console
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select Sign in.
- Select Add & manage.
- Select Add new.
- Enter your Microsoft account email address and password.
- Complete the personalization settings on the next several screens.
If you keep experiencing the problem, contact Xbox Support.
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "You can’t sign in to your Xbox One console after changing your password" issue you were reading about or a different issue?