Set up and use the Ameba TV app on Xbox 360
On this page
To watch Ameba TV on your console, you need:
- To be signed into an Xbox Live account.
- At least 117 megabytes (MB) of available storage space.
- An Ameba membership (paid or free trial).
Download the Ameba TV app
- On your console, sign in with your Xbox Live gamertag.
- Go to apps and then select Browse Apps or Search Apps.
- Browse or search for the Ameba TV app.
- Select Ameba TV, and then select Download.
- Select Confirm Purchase to download and install the app.
- You will be required to either sign in by using your Ameba TV username and password, or by creating a free Ameba TV account by selecting the tile in the lower-right corner.
- Once you are signed in, you can browse the available content.
To start Ameba TV later, go to apps, My Apps, and then Ameba TV.
Install and watch Ameba TV
Go to apps, My Apps, and then Ameba TV.
- When you start the app the first time, you will be prompted to Sign in or start a free trial.
- Enter the email address and password that are associated with your Ameba TV subscription.
Note Once the app is activated, you won’t be prompted again for this information.
- The Ameba TV feed will begin playing content immediately. Select the B button to leave the current show and return to the featured hub.
- From the featured hub, you can watch any of the programs displayed in the center of the hub.
- For more choices, navigate to playlists, browse, my channels, or favorites, or search for your favorite shows at my search.
- Select something to watch, and then select Play.
Associate your console with your Ameba TV account
If you already have an Ameba TV account when you start the app the first time, you enter the email address and password that is associated with your Ameba TV account.
If you don’t have an Ameba TV account, you can select the Ameba Smart Kids TV tile on the right side of the screen. You will be prompted to enter an email address and password and confirm your password or select Start Trial.
- Once you are signed in, you must create an Ameba profile. This profile is different than your gamertag and will only be tied to the Ameba TV app.
- Enter a username.
- Select a gender.
- Select create profile.
- On return visits, the login step is skipped, but you will need to select the profile you created before watching programs.
Note The steps above will create an Ameba TV account, but to activate the subscription, you must go to the Ameba TV website to enter credit card information before your trial period expires.
Manage your Ameba TV account
Use Family Settings to control access to content
If you use Family Settings to control which movies and TV shows can be watched through Xbox Live on your console, the Ameba TV app will follow those settings. For example, if you use parental controls to restrict access to some kinds of TV programs, those programs will be marked with a “restricted” icon in the Ameba TV app. To play a restricted item, an adult must enter the Family Settings pass code.
For more information about how to restrict access to Xbox Live content by using Family Settings, see Set parental controls for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Set up and use the Ameba TV app on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?