Syncing Xbox One game saves to the cloud error messages
Cloud saves let you play games on multiple consoles. If you have more than one Xbox One console, or if you want to play games at a friend’s house, you can store your saved games in the cloud. This way you can continue playing a game on a different console, right from where you left off.
This page describes what to do if you see an error message when you try to synchronize games that are saved in the cloud.
Note If you’re having other issues using games saved in the cloud, see Xbox One cloud game saves FAQ.
On this page
We can’t save additional info for…
This error occurs when your console runs out of space for saved games while synchronizing with the cloud. You should free up space by deleting saves you no longer need. Or, you can ignore the error and continue to play without the option to save.
Which one do you want to use?
You get this message when your console has newer or different locally saved data than what’s saved in the cloud, usually after you play offline. You’ll be given the choice of which saved data to use, the locally saved or the cloud saved version (and you’ll be notified which is newer). Pick the “save” you want to use and continue.
Your other Xbox is taking a long time to sync to the cloud
This error occurs when you’re playing on one Xbox One console after having played on a different Xbox One console that hasn’t finished synchronizing your saves to the cloud. You have two options:
- Select Sync last saved data to stop the other console’s upload and instead sync the data on the console you’re currently using. You may lose unsynchronized data from the other console.
- Select Keep waiting and resolve the sync problem with the other console. This usually means signing in to your profile on that console and letting it complete the upload.
We couldn’t sync your info with the cloud
This error occurs when your Xbox One console can’t maintain a good connection to Xbox Live. If you can, select the Play offline option to use the data on your console’s hard drive instead.
To test your network connection:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Go to System > Settings > Network.
- Select Network Settings.
- On the right side of the Network Settings screen, select Test network connection. The test will run automatically and let you know if there’s a problem with your connection.
If you get an error during the test, try the Xbox One Network Connection Error Solution.
We couldn't get your latest saved data
If you see this error, this can mean that the Xbox Live service for social and gaming may be limited. If you see any Xbox Live service status alerts here, wait until the service is up and running and try again:
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Syncing Xbox One game saves to the cloud error messages" issue you were reading about or a different issue?