Find the Xbox 360 serial number, Kinect sensor serial number, and Xbox 360 console ID
Before you can register your Xbox product or get it repaired, you need to know the product serial number. You may also need to know the console ID. Here’s how to find these numbers.
Find the Xbox 360 console serial number
The Xbox 360 console serial number is located in three places:
- On the front of the console, behind the oval USB door.
- On the back of the console, above the A/V port.
- On the System Info screen in the Xbox Dashboard.
Xbox 360 S console
Original Xbox 360 console
Find the Kinect sensor serial number
The Kinect sensor serial number is located on the bottom of the sensor. The serial number is a 12-digit number printed under the barcode.
Find the Xbox 360 console ID
Note The Xbox 360 console ID can only be found in the Xbox Dashboard. The console ID is different from the console serial number.
- Go to settings and select System.
- Select Console Settings.
- Select System Info. The console ID is displayed on the screen, below the console serial number (which is also displayed on the screen).
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
We're sorry this article didn't solve your problem. We won't give up and neither should you. Try this community option, below.