HBO GO app on Xbox 360 help
HBO GO support
This page helps you troubleshoot common issues with the HBO GO app on Xbox 360.
However, if the issues you’re experiencing are not addressed here, you can get help from HBO GO support by:
- Visiting their troubleshooting page at help.hbogo.com/hc/en-us/categories/200211998-Troubleshooting.
- Contacting them at help.hbogo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
You should also verify that your cable provider supports the HBO GO app on Xbox 360.
Xbox Live connection problems
Xbox 360 audio/video problems
If your Xbox 360 console isn’t providing good-quality video or audio, see Audio or video problems in an app on Xbox 360.
The HBO GO app doesn't respond
If the HBO GO app doesn't respond, delete and reinstall it. Here’s how:
- From the Xbox Dashboard, go to settings and then System.
- Select Storage.
- Select your primary storage device.
- Select Games and Apps.
- Find and select any items that refer to HBO GO.
- Select Delete.
- Return to the Xbox Dashboard.
- Go to Browse Apps or Search Apps, and then browse or search for the HBO GO app.
- Select Confirm Download to download and install the app.
If the app still doesn’t respond, contact Xbox Support.
You may get one of the following error messages when you try to use the HBO GO app:
- Sorry, the HBO GO service isn’t available right now. Please try again later. For more information, go to www.xbox.com/status.
- It is not possible to sign in at this time. Please try again later.
- HBO GO is experiencing difficulties. Please try again later.
- It is not possible to activate at this time. Please try again later.
- HBO GO cannot play this show at this time. Please try again later.
- Some videos are not available at this time. Please try again later.
If you get one of these messages, try the following:
- Wait about a minute and then try to install or run the app again.
- Go to the Xbox Live Service status page to make sure there are no current problems with the HBO GO app or Xbox Live.
- If there's no current problem with the service and you still get one of these messages, contact your TV provider and make sure that HBO is included in your cable package.
You may get one of the following error messages when you launch the HBO GO app:
- It appears that your subscription does not include HBO. Please browse HBO GO for hundreds of titles including HBO Original Series, blockbuster movies, sports and more!
- HBO GO is only accessible in the United States, including Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico. If you are located in this area and are still experiencing difficulties, please contact your television provider.
If you get one of these messages, contact your TV provider to make sure that HBO is included in your cable package.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "HBO GO app on Xbox 360 help" issue you were reading about or a different issue?