Set up and use the Napster app on Xbox 360
On this page
To use the Napster app, you need the following:
- To be signed in to an Xbox Live account
- At least 113 megabytes of available storage space
- A Napster music subscription
Download the Napster app
- On your console, sign in with your Xbox Live-enabled gamertag.
- Go to apps and then select Browse Apps.
- Browse for Napster.
- Select Napster to download and install the app.
- On first use of the app, you will be prompted to associate your console with your Napster account using the activation code.
To start Napster later, go to apps, My Apps, and then Napster.
Go to apps, My Apps, and then Napster.
- From the Browse hub, you can:
- Listen to any of the featured programmes displayed in the centre of the hub.
- By selecting either popular or new releases, you can search through content to look for music that interests you.
- To jump straight in and enjoy a pre-selected list of songs, select play popular tracks or play new release.
- For further choices, navigate to...
- my music where you will be able to access playlists that you create at www.napster.co.uk.
- radio to hear your favourite featured genre or radio station.
- Search to search for a favourite artist or song.
- Choose something and then select Play.
Note Content can only be played on one device at a time for each Napster account.
Associate your console to your Napster account
You will be prompted to sign in when you start the Napster app for the first time. To sign in to Napster, follow these steps:
- The first time that you start the Napster app, a code is displayed on your screen.
- Open a browser and go to www.napster.co.uk/xbox/activate.
- Sign in to your Napster account or create a new one.
- Enter the code from your console in the Activate widow and select the Activate button.
- You will be prompted to sign in or create a new account.
Note After you sign in, you will not be prompted again unless you sign out from the Napster app on your console.
Un-associate your console from your Napster account
To un-associate your console from your Napster account, follow these steps
- Select Settings, and then select Sign Out.
- Select Yes.
Manage your Napster account
For account support or issues with your Napster music subscription, contact Napster by phone:
Using Family Settings to control access to content
If you use Family Settings to control the content that can be accessed on Xbox Live through your console, the Napster app will follow these settings. For example, if you use parental controls to restrict some kinds of TV programs, those programs will be marked with a “restricted” icon in the Napster app. To play a restricted item, an adult must enter the Family Settings pass code.
For more information about how to restrict access to Xbox Live content by using Family Settings, see Set parental controls for Xbox 360 and Xbox Live.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Set up and use the Napster app on Xbox 360" issue you were reading about or a different issue?