Xbox One Kinect placement
Part of the complete Getting Started with Xbox One.
For optimum performance, position the Kinect sensor in a location where it can see your entire body.
Note Don’t touch the front of the sensor. Fingerprints make it hard for Kinect to see you.
Place the Kinect sensor where it can see you
Here are some tips on how to position your Kinect sensor:
- Place the sensor near the edge of a flat, stable surface.
- Position the sensor between 2 feet (0.6 m) and 6 feet (1.8 m) from the floor, the higher the better. Ideally, the sensor should be within 6 inches (15 cm) above your TV.
- Avoid positioning the sensor in direct sunlight or within 1 foot (0.3 m) of audio speakers.
- Place your Kinect as close to the edge of the surface it’s sitting on as you are comfortable with, and make sure no other nearby objects are obstructing the field of view.
- Do not place your sensor directly on top of the console.
- Be careful not to drop the sensor.
Don’t worry about tilting the camera just yet. When you’re ready to set the angle of the camera, see Adjust the angle of your Kinect sensor.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Xbox One Kinect placement" issue you were reading about or a different issue?