Error 8000001e occurs when using your Xbox One SmartGlass app to connect to Xbox One
You see the following error code and message when your Xbox One SmartGlass app tries to connect to your Xbox One console:
We can't connect to your console right now.
To resolve this problem, try the following solutions.
Solution 1: Reinstall the Xbox One SmartGlass app
- Delete the Xbox One SmartGlass app on your device, and then reinstall it.
- Make sure to connect your device to your home wireless network.
- Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will power down.
- Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.
Note If you don't see the green boot-up animation when the console restarts, repeat steps 3 and 4. Make sure that you hold the power button until the console completely shuts down.
- Start the Xbox One SmartGlass app on your device, and then tap the Connect icon.
Note If you received this error after playing a game, see the steps in Xbox One SmartGlass can’t connect to your console after playing a game.
Solution 2: Verify that your device is connected to your console
Make sure that you connect your device to your home wireless network. Although your smartphone or tablet can communicate with your console over a cellular network, you’ll get the best performance if you connect your device to the same wireless network as your console.
If you still can’t connect, try connecting using the Xbox One console’s IP address:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select Settings and then All Settings.
- Under Network, select Advanced settings to see the console’s IP address.
- On your device, in SmartGlass, tap the Connect icon, and then tap Enter IP address.
- Enter the IP address shown, and then tap Connect.
Solution 3: Make sure you’re using the same Microsoft account
If SmartGlass can’t find your Xbox One, make sure the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox Live gamertag is the same account you use to sign in to SmartGlass. If you don’t know the Microsoft account that’s associated with your Xbox Live account, see the Lost Account Solution or the Lost Password Solution.
Solution 4: Make sure SmartGlass is enabled on your Xbox One
For help with enabling SmartGlass on your Xbox, see Set up and use SmartGlass on Xbox One.
To provide better support, did this solution solve your problem?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 8000001e occurs when using your Xbox One SmartGlass app to connect to Xbox One" issue you were reading about or a different issue?