Error & Status Code Search
If you’ve encountered an error or status code, enter it exactly as shown.
Examples: “E12” or “0x87df2ee7.”
Note Error and status codes can be generated by service outages. To save time, check the Xbox Live service status for alerts before searching for your code.
Tips for trying again:
- If the error code begins with the letter “E”, try searching on the first part of the code.
Example For “E305 00000000 80000001”, search for “E305”.
- If the error code is 24 digits long, try searching on the last 8 digits.
Example For “Error 417f-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-8007-2746” (where the letter “x” can be any number), search for “80072746”.
You can also report this problem using the Xbox Insider Hub app so we can investigate it further:
- On your console, install the Xbox Insider Hub app (if you don’t already have it).
- Hold down the Xbox button on the controller.
- On the power menu, select Report a problem.
- Describe the problem in detail, including when it happened, if you saw any specific error codes or messages, and if you were using any specific games, software, hardware, or accessories when you encountered the problem.
If you’d like to ask for more help from the community, go to the Xbox Forums.
If you’ve tried these and still aren’t getting results, take a look at the top forum results (listed below).
If you’ve tried these and still aren’t getting results, try posting to the forums.
Post to the Xbox support forums
The Xbox Support forums are a great place to get answers to your questions from a community of Xbox experts. Since these forums are public, make sure you don’t include redemption codes or tokens in your post. Also, be aware that although the forums community is an excellent resource, community members are not Xbox Support agents and provide informational assistance only. To get help in the Xbox Support forums, go to http://xbx.lv/suppforum and choose the one that fits your issue.
On what device are you getting the error?
- Xbox One
- Xbox 360
- Xbox on other devices
- Xbox.com web site
Please tell us, in as much detail as possible, what you were doing and what app or game was open when you got the error code: