Sign in to another Xbox One console
It's easy to access your game and console data that's saved to the cloud from another Xbox One console. You just have to sign in.
Note If you don't remember the Microsoft account associated with your profile, see the Lost Account Solution. If you don't remember the password associated with your profile, see the Lost Password Solution.
To sign in to your account on a different Xbox One console, you first have to download your profile. Here’s how:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Scroll down and select Add & manage.
- Select Add new.
Note You won't be creating a new account when you select this option. You're just adding your existing profile to the Xbox One console.
- Type the email address or phone number you use to sign in to your Microsoft account.
- Enter your password. If you've forgotten it, select I forgot my password, and then follow the instructions to recover your account.
- Review the privacy statement summary, and then select Next.
- Select your Sign-in and security preferences.
Note If this is not your console, you may want to select Lock it down to require a password to sign in. That way, if you want to leave your account on this console for future use, no one else will be able to use it.
- Check out how you look on Xbox, and then select Next.
- Choose your color, and then select Next.
Note The preference that you're currently using at home appears with a checked box.
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select Home to return to the Home screen.
- Scroll left from Home, find and select your gamertag, and then select Sign in.
When you're finished playing, if you haven't saved your password on this console, you can simply sign out. The next time that you use this console, you'll need to sign in with your Microsoft account credentials.
Note If you don't expect to use this console again, you can remove your profile by following the steps at Remove an account from an Xbox One console.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Sign in to another Xbox One console" issue you were reading about or a different issue?