Error 803C0008 occurs when you try to play a video on your Xbox 360 console
You see the following error message when playing a video on your Xbox 360 console:
The licence for this item is missing, corrupted or doesn't belong to the current Xbox Live profile. To restore the licence, sign in to Xbox Live with the profile that originally downloaded the item, then try again.
This error occurs because no usable licence is available for the video. The licence may be missing, expired or corrupted. Or, the licence may not belong to the current profile.
To resolve this issue, try one of the following solutions:
Solution 1: Use the gamertag used to purchase the content
- Sign in on your console by using the gamertag that you used to purchase the content.
- Try to play or use the content.
Note If you recently transferred content to a new console, you can play the content on your new console if you sign in using the gamertag that originally purchased the content. If you want to use the transferred content without signing in to Xbox Live or with a different gamertag, you’ll need to transfer the content licences to your new console. For information on how to do this, see Xbox 360 Digital Rights Management.
Solution 2: Delete and download the content again
If your console was repaired or you used the licence transfer tool to transfer licences from one console to another, the locally stored licences might be out of date. You must download the content again to update the locally stored licences. Here's how:
- On your console, sign in to Xbox Live using the gamertag that you used when you originally purchased the content.
- Go to Settings and then select System.
- Select Storage and then select the location of the item (for example, Hard Drive).
- Select Games & Apps and then locate the game and select it.
- Select the item that you’re having a problem with, and then select Delete.
- Return to Xbox Home.
- Go to Settings and select Account.
- Select Download History.
Note To access music or video content from Download History, select Xbox Music and Video Purchase History at the top.
- Select the item that you’re having problems with, and then select Download Again.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
Provide feedback for this topic
Would you like to contact Support regarding the "Error 803C0008 occurs when you try to play a video on your Xbox 360 console" issue you were reading about or a different issue?